The Supreme Court was transferred from the former building of the Tribunal da Relação to the Altinho High School complex, Panaji, where it began its work on 3.11.1997. The main building of the said complex, built in 1925 by the Portuguese Government, was renovated by the Government of the State of Goa and inaugurated on 2.10.1997 by the Honourable Chief Justice of the High Court of Bombay, Shri M.B.Shah. The Honourable Chief Justice of the High Court of Mumbai, Shri Y.K.Sabharwal, inaugurated the 2nd building on 9.9.1999. Both buildings now house several sections of the Bombay High Court – Panaji Bench. The High Court of Bombay is the high court of the states of Maharashtra and Goa in India and the Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu. It is mainly located in Mumbai (formerly known as Bombay) and is one of the oldest high courts in India.  The High Court has regional branches in Nagpur and Aurangabad in Maharashtra and Panaji, the capital of Goa.  Aurangabad Bank was established in 1982. Initially, only a few districts of Maharashtra were under the Bank of Aurangabad. Later, in 1988, Ahmednagar and other districts were attached to the bank. The bank of Aurangabad has more than 13 judges. Aurangabad Bench`s jurisdiction is over Aurangabad, Ahmednagar, Dhule, Nandurbar, Jalna, Jalgaon, Beed, Parbhani, Latur & Osmanabad.
The bank also has a Bar Council from the Maharashtra and Goa office. Today`s bank building is located in huge premises. The garden is beautifully maintained. The lush green grass attracts the attention of every passerby. HC Bank Aurangabad is just 4 km from Aurangabad Airport and 6 km from Central Bus Station. The new building now has a total of 13 courtrooms, including two new ones. All courtrooms are located on the first floor of the building, while the court office is located on the ground floor. Aurangabad Bank has a strong bar association of over 1000 lawyers, but Aurangabad Bank has no competence on corporate law matters.
In addition to its appeal, the court has jurisdiction in the first instance. The judgements of this court can only be appealed to the Supreme Court of India. The High Court in Mumbai has 94 judges (71 permanent, 23 additional).  The building is part of the Victorian and Art Deco ensemble of Mumbai, which was added to the World Heritage List in 2018. When the High Court in Bombay established a chamber in Porvorim, Goa, Judge G.F. Couto was appointed as the first permanent judge in Goa. Justice G.D. Kamath was appointed a Justice of the Supreme Court of Gujarat in 1983 and Chief Justice in 1996. Mr. E.S. DA Silva was raised in 1990 and served as a judge until his retirement in 1995. Judge R.K.
Batta and Judge R.M.S. Khandeparkar were judges of the Bank of Goa for 8 and 12 years, respectively. Justice F.I. Rebello was appointed Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Allahabad in 2010 and retired in 2011. Justice Nelson Britto was a judge for five years. Justice A.P. Lavender, Judge F.M.Reis and Judge M.S. Sonak were senior lawyers who practised on the Goa judiciary prior to their elevation. Currently, Goa has a female judge, Justice Anuja Prabhudesai. Judge A Prabhudesai and retired Judge Nutan Sardesai, both district judges.
Sir Gilbert Stone, a judge of the Madras High Court, has been appointed as the first Chief Justice. The foundation stone of the new building (now the High Court building) was laid on 9.1.1937 by the late Sir Hyde Gowan. The building was designed by Mr. H.A.N. Medd, resident architect. It was built at a price of Rs.737,746/-. The building consisted of two floors with a garden courtyard in the middle. External dimensions are 400 ft x 230 ft.
The original design called for a central main dome that rises 109 feet above the ground, the rest of the building is about 52 feet tall. The building was built of sandstone. The building has ashlar cladding and brick hearts. The floor in the corridors and offices is made of Sikosa and Shahabad stone slabs. The building was inaugurated on January 6, 1940. At the opening ceremony, the Viceroy of India described this building as a stone poem. The High Court has a fairly well planned garden on the east and west sides. Before the annexation of Goa, Damaon & Diu was the highest court in the Portuguese state of India, the Tribunal da Relação de Goa in Panjim. Originally established in 1554, Goa`s Relação served as the supreme court of appeal for all Portuguese East India territories in the Indian Ocean and Far East, including present-day Mozambique, Macau, and East Timor, alongside India itself.
The Relação de Goa was abolished when a Court of Judicial Commissioner was established on 16 December 1963 under the Goa-Daman & Diu (Court of the Judicial Commissioner) Regulations 1963. In May 1964, an Act was passed by Parliament giving the Court of the Judicial Commissioner certain powers of the High Court for the purposes of the Constitution of India. Throughout its illustrious history, the Bombay High Court has been the scene of many notable trials and trials. Bal Gangadhar Tilak has been tried several times by the Bombay High Court, but the most famous was his trial for sedition in the Emperor V case in 1916. [ref. The First Chief Justice, the Attorney General and the Solicitor General of independent India came from this court. Since India`s independence, 22 judges of this court have been appointed to the Supreme Court and 8 to the Chief Justice of India.  The status of cases and lists of cases of the Bombay High Court are available on its official website at www.bombayhighcourt.nic.in. The 2005 decisions and judgements are also available on the website. As of March 2012, the High Court had 315,988 civil cases and 45,960 pending criminal cases.
At the same time, the District and Lower Courts of the Bombay High Court have a total of 3,179,475 pending cases.  The Chief Metropolitan Magistrate`s Courts: The Presidency Magistrate`s Courts became known as Police Courts in 1810. When the Code of Criminal Procedure of 1973 (2 of 1974) entered into force on 1. In April 1974, these courts became known as Chief Metropolitan Magistrates Courts, Mumbai. Due to the lack of space in the Lyseum complex, a new complex of buildings is being built in the Alto – Betim Porvorim region in Porvorim. The new building was inaugurated on March 27, 2021.  The first hearing in the new building was conducted on 17 August 2021 by the Bank Division, composed of the Chief Justice of Mumbai, Dipankar Datta, and Justice Mahesh Sonak.  The Court has jurisdiction over the states of Maharashtra, Goa and the Union Territories of Daman and Diu, as well as Dadra and Nagar Haveli. The Court has benches in Nagpur, Aurangabad and Panaji. At present, the sanctioned number of courts of metropolitan magistrates is 75. These courts are housed in 16 judicial complexes (centre), namely (1) Esplanade, 2) Mazgaon (currently camped in Sewree), 3) Girgaon, 4) Dadar, 5) Andheri, 6) Bandra, 7) Borivali, 8) Kurla, 9) Vikhroli, 10) Mulund, 11) Ballard Pier, 12) C.S.T., 13) Mumbai Central Court (M.C.T.), 14) Vileparle, 15) Shindewadi and 16) Juvenile Court-Umarkhadi. Although the city`s name was changed from Bombay to Mumbai in 1995, the court as an institution did not follow suit and retained the name of the High Court of Bombay.
Although a bill to rename the Mumbai High Court was approved by the Union Cabinet on 5 July 2016 at the same time as the renaming of the Calcutta High Court and Madras High Court to Calcutta High Court and Chennai High Court, respectively, approval is still pending before the Indian Parliament but cannot come into force for some time.   Venerable Shri. M. M. Dhruv. (M.A., L.L.B.) He was the first chief metropolitan magistrate. He presided over for a period of 5 years, that is, from 1972 to 1977 The magnificent courthouse of the metropolitan courts of first instance has great archaeological importance. It was built under the supervision of Khan Bahadur Muncherjee Cowasjee Murzaban Associ.M.Inst. C.E. Chairmanship of the Executive Engineer. Work on the building began on December 3, 1884 and was completed on December 31, 1888 at an estimated cost of Rs 3,87,361, the actual cost of Rs.